Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Day 87 Part II: Hobbs, NM to Lovington (22 mi)

The road, I shit you not, right at the border completely changed. The rough gravel shit turned into a shiny road. Oh Texas, why did you have to be like that?? Marco dropped me off with $20. Thank you man. I swear I can make money doing this :P.

But seriously, Hobbs was a lot bigger than I thought and very uninteresting. I skated my out via NM-18. There were still some scattered signs of fucking Texas chipseal but hopefully its because Im only 5 miles from the border. NM-18 was mostly smooth but the shoulder had lots of loose gravel, which I had to be wary of; one wrong move and I would fly forward. I made it a lot faster than I expected into Lovington, New Mexico. Reloaded on water and a blue Powerade, I found a spot underneath a mesquite tree. Its 730, the sun is setting and Im exhausted. 66 miles skated, wow. I wont even bother to set my tent up. The wind is blowing and it seems likes its going to be another cold ass night. Im dreaming of waves...

No comments:

Post a Comment