Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Day 163: Novemeber 14th, 2009. Ted's Story

Another cold ass morning and day in general. Had three layers on all day except after lunch at Vinny's. Thats where my adventure began.

I ran into cool Ted at Vinny's, we converstaed and when I told him I had a website, he got all excited. So he asked me if I wanted to put my shit in his storage, so I can get to the library and use a computer, I said yeah. That's really when I got to know Ted on that walk to storage, and the library after lunch. As he asked me later that day, "so now you really understand how I lost it all."

Ted's storage spot was a little 5x5 room with all that remained of his stuff. First we went through a gate with a keypad, then an elevator with a keypad, then through a hall with different storage compartments that made me feel as I was walking through a hallway with infinite doors in The Matrix. We put our storage, picked up a couple of his laptops, one of which he would let me use as long as I used it next to him, and then headed to the library. On the way there, I asked for his website and he told me.

"You are gonna think I'm crazy"
"Haha, yeah?"
"Yeah, but its the truth. tedisgod.com"
I didn't really show a reaction, I still didn't know what it was all about.
"I beleive I'm god. I am the resurrection of god in the human form" He didnt send the slightest hint of sarcasm
"hmmm..."

So wwe walked and he told me of his beliefs, which were wild, but I listened nontheless with curiosity. It was totally a Matrix style belief system where Ted/God created the technology to create humans somewhere else, then brought them down earth on spaceships and stuff. All this was revealed to him by angels on his 40 days/40 nights on his sailboat.

"I understand if you don't want to talk to me anymore. You would probably get a lot of heat for hanging with me. I've had some Mexicans try to kill me once. They cut me up and was bleeding real bad. Had to get 40 stitches."
"Damn, when was this?"
"About nine months ago"
"Its just so crazy to me how you prefer to lose it all, your job, your family over your wild beliefs."
"My family disowned me and they didn't even invite me to my mothers funeral."
"What you believe is what you believe Ted. Im not, not gonna talk to anymore because of what you believe, that would be ridiculous. I think you are a real cool guy and honestly, Im glad I met you. I don't have to agree with your beliefs to like you. There are certain things though, that are universal among humans with any belief I don't like, like arrogance and dishonesty. Those are things that make any human with any belief become unfavorable to me. And thats the truth"

Honestly, I like Ted. His website was a bunch of ramble that even grammatically didn't make sense and was very repetitive. If I had come across it before I personally met him, I probably wouldn't approach hime, that wasn't my first impression of him. He was a very well spoken guy and I knew he wasn't shitting me about anything he said. For now I'm listening to him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SiT8rUJFxs

2 comments:

  1. That's a pretty interesting thing you've touched upon; there are established religions, and if somebody subscribes to one of them, we don't think anything is wrong with them; moreover, we go out of our way not to offend them... but if they believe something radically different or have created their own belief system, then they must be insane and we can't associate with them? it's too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. indeed. you should check out his website though, its pretty wild

    ReplyDelete