Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Day 152: November 3rd 2009, Ready for Some Surf!

The journey resumes! I've had some good times in Phoenix, but I'm excited to get out and make the final phase of the continental part happen. I need the ocean; this huge flat desert is so boring. Sunday's Cardinals vs Panthers game was my last day with the the Bumblebee and since the last week, I have managed to save the $400 I needed to get out but not without a struggle. Its definitely not going to be enough, but the cold is moving in quick and the days are getting shorter and shorter and I feel like if I stayed any longer I won't be getting out until March and I'm not about to let that happen. A small window of oppurtunity has opened and its time to jump through.

The same thoughts of leaving have now hit as in every city. The butterflies, the fears of being on the road, the anxiousness of arriving at the otherside...all the things that make leaving real. Its on for Thursday, November 5th. 2 days to Gila Bend on I-8. According to the satellite there is a road that runs next to I-8 for the most part I plan on taking.

The gods of stoke have answered mine and Jochem's prayers!

4 comments:

  1. So good to hear you are able to leave! Your hard work has paid you renewed freedom! Congratulations, stoked!

    Getting to Gila Bend in two days seems like a good warm-up, good luck getting back in the game again!

    Jochem

    ReplyDelete
  2. I met Omar Sunday, Nov 8 on Highway 98, 16 miles west of Calexico, Ca. His spirits were high. Only 100 miles left to the Pacific Ocean. Good luck, Omar.
    Brian on a bicycle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Omar! All the best from the skate further crew!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good look and may the roads be smooooooth.

    ReplyDelete