Monday, November 9, 2009

Day 155: November 6, 2009, Mesa to Mile 26 on AZ-238 (42 mi)






Finally back on the road, man it feels good, but exhausting. Its been a while since I skated and I had to push myself alot harder this time around. I left Mesa at 7 after saying my farewells to Keil and Hannah. I have said so many goodbyes in my life that it has just become another part of life for me. As much as it makes me sad to go, I feel like I dont feel it inside. My dad always told me I was cold blooded (in the most loving way).

From Baseline I took Kyrene which put me on AZ 347. It was a little confusing but I was on my Way on 347 when a red jeep pulled ahead and a guy started taking pictures. I didn't bother to stop because I was in the zone and at 10 I found myself at Maricopa. From there I got onto AZ-238 and exhaustion started to kick in. Stomach cramps, sore ankles and a terrible case of ball rash; with every kick an intense buring on the left side. I stopped, rested at mile 38 and was about to admit defeat for the day but decided to keep going. And I forgot about the pain. At 3:47 I decided that was enough skating for the day. Pretzels for dinner. I feel like tomorrow is gonna be painful.

No comments:

Post a Comment