Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Day 34: Wednesday July 8th 2009: Its been a long long time

It's been a while since my last update, and in case you were worrying, do not fret, I am doing absolutely perfect. I spent the last week in Tyler, TX and I am spending the July 4th week in Austin which I am absolutely loving. There is something about this city, an energy, a vibe that is just all love. July 4th was another epic night for me and the weirdest shit happened but its too deep for me to get into right now although I promise to eventually share it.

I have so many thoughts in my head right now all in a jumble, all in a mix. I haven't written for more than a week now but its only because I'm so busy living I can't get an outside perspective yet; I can't organize the feelings. For now, I'm running real low on cash so I'm trying hard to find a job in Austin. But if I can't then I'm going to have move on, on Monday until I get to Las Cruces, NM a little more than 600 miles away and hope I can find a job then.

But until then, I have been skating and skating and Austin has a legitimate skate and longboard scene. Monday nights, the Austin Longboard Club meets at 1030 and I joined. It was an ill session with at least 40 skaters hitting the slopes around Austin; power in numbers, we stopped traffic. The funny thing is they have a restaurant here called Wahoos, just like Surfin Tacos in Wakefield. They have all these surf pictures and stickers everywhere, except that none of them surf, but they are all ill longboarders and street skaters no doubt about. That is the meeting spot for the longboarders of Austin though.

So check out http://sundaeskates.com/, run by two balls to the wall 18 year old downhill skaters, Dorian and Tommy, who have hooked me up with so much good shit, the word awesome would do them no justice. Until then love, peace and respect. Do what you love and love what you do and like Rob Thomson says on his website "Dream it, plan it, do it". Nothing is impossible if you really want to do it

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omar! I can't believe you have gone that far. Traveling more than 600 miles. I hear Austin is a real nice place. That's one area I might move to. Well I hope you find a job there soon. If you need anything for emergency, hit me up. Well take care man. I may call you this weekend when I'm at hashims or something.

    ReplyDelete