Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Day 1 June 5th 2009: Cordova TN - S. TN Border



I want to cry, I hate myself. I think Im a dumbass but I put myself in this situation. The morning started out way too easy. Long cruises, little pushing. On Walnut Grove some guy behind me got pissed, drove next to me and screame "You are going to kill yourself!" Whatever. When I got to Holmes Rd, everything started to go downhill, except the actual hills. Long uphills, short down hills, strong headwind, no shoulder, and 18 wheelers flying by in both directions.





It was impossible to skate so I walked. About a third of
the way through I ran into a crew doing some tree work. One of them called me over and gave me a Hawaiian punch, which raised my spirits. Chris and crew, I love you. When I told him I was going to San Diego, he kept going "Daaaaayyymmnnn" and it crakced me up.


When I finished Holmes, my back was fucking destroyed. Any shoulder movement and I felt a stinging paralyzing pain. I set up camp down a little trail on 61, took a nap, cooked some spanish rice and cried myself to sleep, man I miss goose.






1 comment:

  1. Keep it up Omar! I'm hear at work cooped up in a cube while you're out in the open. I'm sort of jealous. I know my ass won't last a day out there though. I would have bailed on the first day. Keep us posted. Your followers are growing. I'm trying to spread the news so you can have even more...It should serve as some sort of motivation. I see you're rocking the necklace I gave you!!

    ReplyDelete