Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Day 162: November 12th, 2009. Homeless Day 4

It was a cold fucking day. All day. Temps in the low 60s, 50s and high 40s at night. There was a real a real cool ocean breeze that brought a windchill. It was mostly overcast all day. Real crapy day to be outside. I spent the day with Tobey. We did nothing really just tried to stay warm. He kept talking about making money at the airport but having to take the bus there even though its almost 3 miles from downtown and "looking like tourists". He wouldn't share his secret that was "taught to him 15 years ago when he was last in San Diego. "You'll be leaving with a pocket full of quarters after 3 hours. $20-30 in the day. But you can't tell nobody". He kept making me promise, though I dont know why, he never told me anyway. I met a man from Barrington, RI too; he couldn't believe it.

I signed up for an ID to get meals at St. Vincent De Paul's, locally in the homeless community known as "Vinny's", the local dining spot. Bright, red, orange ID. With it I can get my meal a day between 11-12;30 and access to showers, finally. As for storage so I can walk without a pack and get a job, still no luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment