Saturday, February 19, 2011

DAY -2: February 18th 2011

I was supposed to leave on Thursday, at least that was the date I had randomly chosen. I didn´t. Now I have moved that date to Sunday the 20th. I figured Sunday was not so random. The streets will be quietest on Sunday morning. They´ll be empty, epmtier than any other time.

I have downloaded a map of my route on my phone. The GPS app Motion X GPS is fantastic. I have a terrain and road map of my route. 1320 km or about 820 miles is the official distance. I figure it will take about a month. I would really like to get back to Rhode Island by the beginning of April and really excited to start landscaping again. I do not have a ticket. I have no idea where Im going to leave from or how but that´ll figure itself out. I have no idea what Im going to do in Tumbes, I heard it was a shithole, but usually the best adventures happen in the crappiest places. I cant worry about Tumbes yet, my first stop is a town called Chancay about 78 km north of Barranco in Lima. Thats about 48 miles which is a very ambitious goal for the first day. The minimum of 40 miles a day will still stand (64km). (Distance converter: another reason why the iphone is a handy tool)

I think Im ready to face the headwind. I can´t escape the fact that there will be shit roads. BArren desert is all thats ahead of me with the ocean by my side. I am so excited to sleep by the ocean almost every night.

Terrified is the word I want to use. Its probably the most accurate, but there is just something inside me that is holding my sould prisoner. I tried to let it go, to forget about the trip, cancel the skate but it won´t let me go. The first time turned my life around and here Iam : time to do it all over again

No comments:

Post a Comment